Teach Yourself Piano Through Ingenious ‘Bite Sized’ Lessons That are Designed To Teach You A Set Of Piano Playing Skills In A Very Short Period Of Time.
The piano is a very special musical instrument played with fingers by means of a keyboard. It is a very popular instrument that provide hours of playing fun.
It is widely used for gospel, classical, pop, and jazz music. It can be played as a solo performance, chamber music, as part of an ensemble, and accompanying other musical instruments. It is also used as an aid for composing music and rehearsals.
Even though it is one of the world’s most well known musical instruments it is not portable and some are often expensive.
Before teaching yourself to play the piano, you should become familiar with the instrument.
How Does The Piano Make Music?
Piano music happens when a finger presses a key on the keyboard causing a material-covered (often felt) hammer strike a steel or metal string. When the hammer rebounds the string will continue to vibrate at its resonant frequency. The string vibration is transmitted to a sounding board through a bridge that efficiently transmits the acoustic energy into the air that make the musical sound. When your finger releases the key a damper stops the string from vibrating and the sound stops.
Teaching Yourself To Play
You may be thinking that it will take years and years of many piano lessons to become good but that is not true. Gaining some musical knowledge about the keyboard, keys, notes, scales, how to read sheet music, and chords and some time to practice, you can actually teach yourself piano.
1. Find a used piano that is reasonably priced. It is best to start out with a piano that does not cost that much. You should make sure the piano is tuned. If it needs to be tuned have it tuned by a professional before playing it.
2. An inexpensive keyboard would be great alternative if a piano is too expensive. They are very affordable and never have to be tuned. They also come with lots of sounds and features that can enhance your music experience. They are also a lot easier to move and do not take up a lot of room.
3. Acquire some knowledge of music. If you have an ear for musical notes and can pick up chords knowledge you can teach yourself to play the piano. There are ebooks and video courses online that can help you gain basic chord knowledge and playing by ear.
Basic Knowledge Of The Piano
1. Notes. There are seven piano notes: C-D-E-F-G-A-B
2. Keyboard Keys. The piano had 88 keys. There are white keys and black keys. The white keys on the keyboard are known as naturals because when you press a white key it makes a natural note sound. The black keys on the keyboard are known as accidentals because when they are pressed they make a sharp or flat note sound.
The keyboard has seven white natural keys: C-D-E-F-G-A-B
Th keyboard has five black accidentals keys per octave which produce either a sharp or flat sound.
3. Piano Chords. There are dozens of chords that can be produced with the 88 keyboard keys. The four most basic piano chords are major, minor, diminished and augmented.
Ways To Learn To Play The Piano
1. Hire a piano teacher. This is by far the most costly, but the right teacher is the most proficient way to learn to play. You should find a good teacher that has a proven track record for helping beginners learn the piano and music. You want a teacher that teaches the basics that are fundamentally correct. You do not want to learn bad habits from the beginning because it can take a long time to reverse those bad habits.
2. Instructional books. There are many teach yourself piano books with instructions that available in specialty music stores, regular book stores, and on the internet. All these books will provide step-by-step instructions for learning how to play basic scales, read music, chord progressions, play by ear, and playing simple songs.
3. Learning keyboard instruments. These are keyboard instruments where the keys light up in an order that will help you learn a song quickly. These instruments usually come with videos and books to help you learn musical notation.
4. Videos and DVD’s. There are many videos online that will help you learn to play the piano. These methods are very good for people that learn visually because you can see how the fingers strike the keys to play the music the correct way.
5. Playing by ear. This method is a difficult way to learn, but the process will work if learning musical notes give you trouble. Playing by ear is a process where you play keys over and over until you can replicate the melody through your fingers. There are many online sites that provide instruction on how to play by ear.
One such site is “Piano For All.” It will help you play the piano by ear in days not months.
Teach Yourself Piano: http://www.easypianobasics.com
Top 5 Sites For Piano Lessons: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-5-sites-for-learning-piano-online